Apple's #1 in annual profits with a 552% jump!

hulkaros said:
According to this site:
http://businessweek.com/magazine/content/04_08/b3871084.htm

Here is a piece:
"...Earnings for the computer industry soared 210%. Apple Computer Inc. (AAPL ) recorded the largest increase for the group, a 552% jump in annual profits to $137 million, thanks to strong sales of its computers and the iPod. ..."

:D :)
Oh My Goodness! That’s fantastic news, apple is taking back the market at an exponential rate, however as I just spent £5grand last week on apple equipment I like to think that I had a small part to play haha. Not to mention that fact that that I was in the evening times discussing the ipod with Ronan Keating w00t!
But that small part of self-grandeur aside, apple is coming back in force! How happy we are that the iPod has been such a fantastic product and is dragging wintel users to the osx platform in there droves. It truly is all up up up from here on in.
We are all Mac users, and we all do our part in promoting the platform to the general public who don’t know, simply due to lack of information how good the platform is.

So I hope that I may be so bold as to say, that it is to do with apples fantastic products... but also to do with every member on this forum that apple is coming into there own, even if you mention in the pub to a group of people "Oh no, I use a Mac" then that’s promotion its self. So well done to apple and well done to us for being small cogs in the great machine that is Apple Computer.

Well Done MacFreaks.

Doesn't Apple need the massive interest earned from that 4.8 billion dollar cash mountain to stay profitable?

lilbandit said:
Doesn't Apple need the massive interest earned from that 4.8 billion dollar cash mountain to stay profitable?

Actually, some of that money is in short term interest bearing accounts. However, these aren't from their investments. This money is their liquid assets.

Sorry everyone, I'm no economist, is the interest earned added into their quarterly statements? I suppose my point is simply this: does Apple actually make profits from selling computers?

lilbandit said:
Sorry everyone, I'm no economist, is the interest earned added into their quarterly statements? I suppose my point is simply this: does Apple actually make profits from selling computers?

I'm no economist, but i'd have to think so...

If apple was not making any profits... well....? eh. No. Apple make loads of dosh on the computers they sell. They are such a wee company compared to the others they kinda have to. But err good question :S.

That may be so, however you cant fail to see that the company is increasing at a drastic speed compared to its 'normal' rate.

i was readin an article on osnews.com about this !!!

its funny to read ppls opinions on the article.!!!

many of them make nasty comments, as if theyre jealous of apple.
mac users (including me) make mean comments about microsoft but thats because we feel microsoft has and is copyin apple. plus, a market leader is allways the target!!!
apple on the other hand has a small market share, and no threat to microsoft (short term wise) ... so i guess.. they're all jealous of apple...
aah... it feels nice workin on my mac!

It's good to multiply margin by 5 as it started from a very low figure, but what about total sales ?

Total revenues are creeping up slowly. But the trend is definitely up. Slow and steady is a good thing. And market share went up from 2.9 to 3% in the last quarter. Woopie but Hp, the largest manufacturer of pc's share is only 16%. Apple is the fifth largest supplier of computers in the world.
HP
Dell
IBM
Gateway
Apple
All others

That article is over a YEAR old, 'speedfreak'. ;-) It's talking about 2002. Just forget those numbers...

So, while '02 was worst than '03 it was good for Apple nonetheless! :D

And as we already know '03 is a lot better! :)

Yeah, speefreak forget those numbers... Apple is doing better ;)

Back