Apple's 30th Birthday!!!!!!

mwilkie40

Registered
Apple's founders filed paperwork on April 1, 1976. Does anyone think they will celebrate this birthday with a new product unveiling??? If so let the guesses fly!!!

Steve Jobs eluded to something @ Macworld. I have no predictions of a surprise product. My guess is something bigger than a special edition iPod.

New intel based powermac as well as the intel replacement for the iBook?This would complete the entire product line of apple computers. That a long with something else... maybe a new ipod...would be nice.

Like i said, that would be nice. The thing is if they do that, then what will they do at the WWDC?

So I guess this will really be a surprise for us.

Please if nothing happens, don't do this. :p
804.gif

Well, it is now officially 12:00AM (ok 12:16 w/e) in the Pacific Time Zone, and i would like to be the first to say Happy Birthday Apple. 30 down, and i hope for many more to go

Luckily I am in australia -- we live in the future here and it is currently 1:00AM on April 2! ooOOOOOooooo.

If there is an event -- where do you go to watch the video? I know at macworld and WWDC there is a stream from Quicktime's menu, but will this have the same thing?

I only ask because I never got to see the "special event" video from a few weeks ago. There didn't seem to be a video stream anywhere (unless I'm stupid...which is quite possible). Where should I be looking?

Apple hasn't been broadcasting their events live lately. They've offered streaming videos after the fact, though.

But I don't think there's any big event scheduled anyway, is there? I think if there's anything new, it'll be announced with press releases and their web site.

Yea doesn't seem like there is. I mean, if there were an event, I would presume more than just Steve would be invitied. Therefore, someone would have mentioned somewhere by now when the event is.

was the Special Event video available online though? I couldnt find it anywhere.

Hmf. 11:42am EST on April 1 -- still nothing noteworthy on Apple.com.

No anniversary announcements - maybe it's their April Fool's joke....

This better be an April Fools joke, and they're really just holding out to release stuff on their usual Tuesday schedule... otherwise, I will jump.

I celebrated OS X 5 yr birthday recently with apple pie, so I will do the same for mac.

Wanna make a birthday card, here's some images you can use.

portfolio_5.gif

portfolio_2.gif

oh man, that brings back memories. Especially the MacPaint icon -- used to spend hours creating little comic books in MacPaint.

The only thing missing is a Hypercard icon. I used to create animated short films with hypercard by treating each slide as a frame, then playing the stack at a ludicrously quick speed to create movement.

way too many hours, but good fun. I still have them somewhere.

(also, it's almost April 3 and there is still no news. what's up with that?)

Well it looks like Apple (steve Jobs) doesn't dwell on the past and will not be celebrating their own birthday.

Back