Apple's July 7 event

Ceroc Addict

Registered
Apple was supposed to be doing some kind of media event on the 7th - has it happened yet? If so, what was it for?

Kap

I thought so too, but so far i have heard nothing - and its quite late in the evening :(

JetwingX said:
whats this now?
I have no idea - just that several sites reported that Apple was supposedly doing some kind of media event on the 7th.

All that I've heard since then is that Apple is having some kind of giveaway to celebrate their imminent 500,000,000 (i.e. half a billion) song sold via the iTMS, but I don't think this is what the media event was about (if it even happened at all).

Kap

from the article it has nothing to do with the terrorist attack in london, but that the 'event' never existed at all... the sources mis-interpreted the information they had.

IMO i'd say it's possible that they may announce something like an iTunes phone after the half billion song milestone... but I've nothing to support it. Just seems like a perfect opportunity to get free publicity for anything new... but i'm certain we wont see color screen minis till october.

It was a widespread rumor that was widely accepted... and if you believed it, you're probably hugely disappointed.

People cling to rumors of product release at this time of year because up until a few years ago... apple was always expected to deliver something in the summer at Macworld NY.

Apple protested the move to Boston, and doesn't support it... and in a roundabout way they relieved themselves of a summer delivery window. Now they tend to hold on and have been rolling out more introductions in the fall at Macworld Paris (i.e. the G5 iMac) or spring at WWDC (the Powermac G5)...

This year the WWDC was a bombshell, but with no new product announcements... people feel a little cheated without MWNY, I know I've become pretty impatient for the so called iphone.

Back