Apple's wireless mouse

The included batteries will last about 3 months (of regular use). But Apple gives you Premium Energizer E2 Photo Lithium AA batteries. If you decide to use regular alkaline batteries, they won't last as long.

My friend has had a wireless optical mouse for some time and although he won't admit to it, it's crap.

Think about it: with an optical mouse, you move it around and the pointer jumps from one end of the screen to the other. [?!]

OK, that's annoying.

Well, when the batteries start going, they make the mouse pointer jump all over the screen. [??!!]

So how do you know when the batteries _are_ actually going?

OK, that's even more annoying.

I hate having battery-operated stuff laying around, it's just more things to keep forking out good money for...

Yeah, having to shell out for batteries sucks. Macally has some rechargeable mice. They feel pretty heavy in your hand though...

Stop whining people. I own the Bluetooth Wireless mouse for my Powerbook. Any other wireless mouse will jump around. This is just like having a corded optical mouse. It's great. It's the best mouse I've ever used and I get about 2 months on 2 regular AA batteries. So if you can shell out the $60 for this beautiful mouse, Im sure you can shell out $3 for a pack of AA batteries. Nuff said. :)

the jumping pointer is an issue of the scanning frequency. The current microsoft and logitech mouse-models don't show such bad manners.
However, the thing about the battery would bother me as well. Wouldn't it be great to have an inductive system? ;) My parents have an electrical toothbrush which is recharging in a beaker without any contact! That would really satisfy me. :D

Zammy-Sam said:
... Wouldn't it be great to have an inductive system?

I'm almost sure someone does this. My friend and I were on about this a while ago.

The mouse mat is the recharger station, so you never have to 'dock' the mouse because it's always in contact with the mat...

I have an elecrtic shaver that charges by induction. Has already lasted longer than any of its misfortunate predecessors.

Does anyone make a wireless trackball? 'Cause that would be just stoopid!

Back