[AppleScript] Record audio and video and play full screen in QuickTime (without Pro)

Giaguara

Chmod 760
Staff member
Mod
These scripts ignore the limitations of "Pro" features of quicktime - they work whether you have Pro or not. This makes these scripts practical especially if you are still in 10.4 and don't want to get the Pro only for viewing in full screen or for recording audio or video. (These features would need Pro if you are going to use them with Quicktime gui. Once these scripts are used, you can use the normal controls)

Since these are all for quicktime, I figured it would be more appropriate to gather them in one thread.

What these do in detail is very simple - each application does one of these, and the names should help you choose the correct one:

1. Plays a movie you have open in Quicktime in full screen
2. Records audio
3. Records video
4. Slowly mutes

Enjoy :)

Attachments

• play quicktime in fullscreen.zip
    17.4 KB · Views: 152
  • record audio in quicktime.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 290
  • record video in quicktime.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 282
  • quicktime set slowly to mute.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 53
When I open these zip files, I get an endless loop of zips unzipping themselves into themselves over and over again, and I can't get at the contents!

The zip files work. I just tested, again. There is an application inside them.
Those were written for 10.4 - as QuickTime is radically different in 10.6 they will be pointless there.

Well, it turns out that the zip files were fine, but the Mac OS unzipper utility was choking on them. I used the Unarchiver, which worked fine.

And, actually, this script is just what I needed for fullscreen mode to be scripted. And yes, it still works in Snow Leopard! (All that needs to be added is a command to play document 1 after going full.)

Thanks, @Giaguara!

Back