AppleTV take two more picky?

supanatral

Registered
I'm trying to rip some of my DVD's and add them to iTunes which I've done with many, many movies in the past, not to mention TV Shows. but ever since I updated the firmware to 2.0, very few videos are able to be seen with the AppleTV. When I use my computer's front row, I can see them all, and watch them all but on the AppleTV, I can't even see them.

Now, I have a humungous library (about 2100 episodes and 100 movies) in iTunes, could that have anything to do with it? could I be maxing it out in anyway? Does anyone else have problems?

Could be maxing it out -- it should give you an indication at the bottom of the iTunes window when you click on APpleTV icon at the left Devices menu. see if that is filled up. Here is an image of what I mean (notice the coloured bar at the bottom. this one is for an iPod, but it looks the same for AppleTV)

If the format is being rejected by the AppleTV for some reason, it should tell you. Ordinarily it will pop up in iTunes when you sync saying "Some of your selected vieos cannot be synced with blah blah blah" ...something like that anyway. Or at the very least the AppleTV icon in iTunes should have a little (!) exclamation point icon next to it if there were any unsupported video files it couldn't sync. Click on that icon for more info.

hope that helps, post back here with more info if it doesn't. You would think if the 2.0 update caused incompatibility with the format you have been using, all the other videos you have added until now would disappear also.

Thank you for your reply. I'm actually playing the videos off of iTunes on my computer so in other words, I'm not syncing. I did however find the solution. I cycled the power on the AppleTV and the videos started showing up.

What made me think of that was because I couldn't see see a new TV show that listed, but if I sorted it by date, I could see the first few episodes, but not them all. After rebooting it, it works great.

Lastly I want to apologize for any spelling mistakes because I'm typing this on my blackberry.

Back