AppleWorks 6.1.2 Woes

noei24

Registered
Recently, I installed AppleWorks 6.1.2 (the full retail version) on a friend's iMac (333MHz Tray-Load running Mac OS 9.0.4). And removed AppleWorks 5 from the computer after the installation. For some unknown reason, AppleWorks was unable to open PC Word and Excel documents; the files just would not show up in the directory window even with File Type and File Format set to All.

I'm puzzled because AppleWorks 6.1.2 works fine on my iMac (350MHz Slot-Load running Mac OS 9.0.4) at work. Did I miss something? Is there something I can do to make AppleWorks' file translation feature work?

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. :)

Are you sure you installed it properly? Not just copy the Application package from one to the other?

You should look in your System Folder/Extensions there should be an extension call MacLinkPlus for AppleWorks. Plus check in the System Folder/Application Support/AppleWorks/Translators/ that you have plugins for Excel 97, Word 97 Mac-Win. These should have been installed for you automatically.

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it. But, no, I didn't do a simple drag and drop -- I ran the installer, which should ensure that the right extensions/control panels get placed in the right places. I'm thinking maybe there was either a conflict with AppleWorks 5 or with the bundled version of MacLinkPlus. We'll see.

Regards,
noei24

Back