AppleWorks 6.2.2 Updater doesn't find AW

robm

Registered
AppleWorks 6.2.2 Updater doesn't find AW 6.2.1 which is in my applications folder.... when i run this updater on 10.1.1. I get:

"The default location required for this install could not be found. This install will be cancelled."

Any ideas? And my Quicktime Player crashes on any QT TV channel too....

This is a toughy.

When you start the installer, does it ask you for which directory you want to install it in?
Are you sure that AW is located in that directory?
Are you sure AW is located in the Applications directory and not a subdirectory of Applications?
Are you sure that AW is located in the Applications directory under your OSX drive and not your Applications directory under your OS 9 Drive?

I'm asking all of these questions to try and understand the problem here. Because if you go through each of those questions and AW is located in the correct drive, then the AW installer may be screwed.

Also, make sure it is in the Applications directory and not a link to that directory. Other than that you may just have to check the documentation with the new AW and see if it has some kind of funky install directions.

Good Luck:)
SA

Thanks for your reply in this one.
Well, my AW folder is sitting in the Applications folder from X, in the correct place, so to say and not in a subfolder.

But I figured out that the requirements of this AW updater are a NorthAmerican version of AW - mine isn't.
That must be it. Thanks.

Back