Appleworks Printing problems

Viro

Registered
Hi all,

Not too sure if this is the right forum to post this, so if its wrong, moderators please move this to the correct one.

I'm having problems printing in Appleworks (just got 6.2.7). Whenever I print a document, a few milimeters of text on the right of the document will get chopped off.

I have made sure to set the page size properly yet it still doesn't print correctly. I'm running Panther, and I've tried printing on an Epson Stylus C62 and using the built-in PDF writer. No-go. Still getting the same problems even when creating a PDF.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Heh, I knew I wouldn't be the only one to have to deal with this problem (No one else had brought it up)! ;)

Solution: Enable "Fractional Character Widths"

How: Go to AppleWorks menu:: Preferences :: General :: Text :: Place checkmark next to "Fractional Character Widths".

Now that is just plain stupid! Why would anyone want to uncheck that option in the first place?

But thanks a lot for your help. Saved a lot of hair pulling.

Well, I tried it and it doesn't work. I still get about 5 mm chopped of on the right of the document. Anymore ideas/suggestions?

Appleworks is really getting annoying....

Viro said:
Well, I tried it and it doesn't work. I still get about 5 mm chopped of on the right of the document.

You placed a checkmark next to "Fractional Character Width" and you're still having problems? That took care of my problem... sorry it didn't work for you.

Viro said:
Well, I tried it and it doesn't work. I still get about 5 mm chopped of on the right of the document. Anymore ideas/suggestions?

Appleworks is really getting annoying....

Make sure that you click the 'make defaults' button when you select that option. Plus, you have to fix EACH document that has the margins problem. You'll find the option unselected on each document that you have already created (or probably older docs that you have opened and re-saved) with AW 6.2.5 and later. Check out THIS LINK at the Apple Support for more info...

Hopefully, Apple will release their long-rumored office suite soon, this poor patched-up Apple/ClarisWorks is a real pain sometimes.

Ah yes, the Make defaults thing did it. Cool, glad it works now.

Thanks for all the help.

Back