Application not running

Despard

Registered
I posted a message earlier this week about a problem with a Family Fortunes quiz game I was making. The problem is resolved and the game compiles and runs... but only on my computer! When I try to open it on my friend's laptop or one of the publicly available computers at university, it bounces in the Dock and vanishes.

Opening the package, I ran the command line executable and got the following error message:

Code:
Last login: Mon Dec  5 10:03:40 on console
/Network/Servers/spsyc.psychology.nottingham.ac.uk/Volumes/60Gb/Users/notug/ppxcptj/Desktop/Family\ Fortunes.app/Contents/MacOS/Family\ Fortunes; exit
Welcome to Darwin!
G5-iMac-28:~ ppxcptj$ /Network/Servers/spsyc.psychology.nottingham.ac.uk/Volumes/60Gb/Users/notug/ppxcptj/Desktop/Family\ Fortunes.app/Contents/MacOS/Family\ Fortunes; exit
dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ZeroLink.framework/Versions/A/ZeroLink
  Referenced from: /Network/Servers/spsyc.psychology.nottingham.ac.uk/Volumes/60Gb/Users/notug/ppxcptj/Desktop/Family Fortunes.app/Contents/MacOS/Family Fortunes
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap
logout
[Process completed]

Looks like a library is not being loaded or something! I'm at a loss how to proceed. Any ideas? This needs to be ready for tomorrow night. :(

Sounds like you used the "development" build style. This build style will ONLY work on your machine (or other machines with the exact same directory structure).

Go the Project menu > Set Active Build Style > Deployment, and recompile. You might want to clean your target (Build menu > Clean All Targets) before recompiling.

I actually managed to work it out for myself before I read your post. I've never got past the 'messing about with code on my own computer' stage before; I googled Zerolink.framework and from there I found out all about build styles. :)

Thanks for your help though! The program is now running on the other computer.

Back