Applications won't open

j posch

Registered
When I go into my applications and click on a program, they begin to open with the little software icon bouncing up and down in the bottom bar of the desktop, but then it just disappears and does'nt open the application. Any ideas?

Tried those links. I have recently upgraded to osx 10.4, but have checked the macromedia site, as it's flash, dreamweaver and fireworks 2004 that won't work, all my other applications are fine. According to the macromedia site there are no compatibility issues, but you need to re-activate their software after installing osx 10.4. What does re-activation mean? I have just tried reinstalling all the macromedia software, but it still won't open.

Have you moved the preferences files for those applications out of the way for testing? And/or created a second (test) user account for testing? These are the first steps to try if an application refuses to run.

Tried all this and also reinstalled osx 10.4 and software and still does not work. So I am going to reinstall 10.3 and see if that works.

installed osx 10.3 and I could'nt get past the user log in screen, when I put my password in and pressed ok, the little window just shook from side to side and did nothing. So I reintalled 10.4. I dont know what to do? and I just installed all the macromedia package on my powerbook running 10.4 and it works fine.

Back