arabic support in Jaguar??

dsidote

Registered
Wasn't arabic support supposed to be added in 10.2.? I see Greek and Turkish but nothing for arabic. Very fustrating. Is there a language kit available?

cool yer horses :D
arabic is in there :)

Go to the keyboards tab of the international pane, and you will see a keyboard driver for arabic.

That's the extent that most eastern/southern european languages get in 10.2 You get the fonts, and keyboard layouts, but no "localization" yet :)

Admiral

Any word as to when they'll add localization of Greek and such? Maybe 10.2.1?

btw, I love Sherlock 3. Click on the "translate" module, and you can type stuff and it'll put in in Greek! (I'm assuming it's as bad as babelfish, though, so I wouldn't use this too much...)

us "minorities" have to stick together lol :)

There isnt much in terms of localization. I think apple's goal is to do the major european and asian languages and then expand out.

In terms of russian, there is a localization "patch" for OS X offered by russia's apple dealers for free.

The greek patch is offered only to people who bought their mac from greece and only on pay basis :mad: -- those opportunistic Sons of guns! :mad:

this wont change unless apple makes a localization, which might not be till 10.3

The finder wont be localized for a while since its carbon. Localization at the moment (for greek at least, I think that is the case for the "small" languages like arabic, hebrew and so on) due to some limitation. once this limitation gets lifted by apple, the whole OS can be localized sans problems.

admiral

Back