Are Mail.app accounts truly deleted?

Asterax

Registered
... because I accidently deleted one of mine from Mail.app.

My school has recently migrated its e-mail from Lotus to Gmail. And getting the e-mail to work with IMAP in Mail.app seems to always be a bitch! I was trying to clean up my failed attempts at getting an Mail.app to sync with my school's Gmail account.

So, is it still possible to recover those deleted files?

No, I do not have time machine. :(

Your Mail emails are located under /Users/you/Library/Mail/you@gmail.com... poke around there. Don't forget to check online at gmail.com.

If you deleted the account itself (in Mail.app), the emails should still be in the mail preference folder (above).

Because it is an IMAP account if you delete the account, your emails should still be on your webmail location (gmail.com)

Thanks for the help, however I think I am screwed. After looking in the directory, there is nothing there.

Your suggestions are appreciated, but they do not help me. Prior to their Gmail switch, my school was using their own hosted e-mail. My previous account was connected to that ingoing/outgoing server and I accidently deleted THAT account (there were actually two or three, many of them failed attempts before) with all my old messages, drafts, etc. I do not see any of that data on the directory you referred to. Do you happen to know I can recover any of that?

If not, well, I guess I have no option but to start over again.

Thanks.

The school you were at, most likely created a backup. It is required by law for them to keep it for 7 years. organizing is another story. I would check with the school's tech support to see what they can do for you.

All of your information should reside on the email server. Hopefully you will find luck hunting the information down.

Mediocer

Back