Are you hooked to the internet?

Are you addicted to the internet?

• Yes.

• No, I could go without it and not have a problem.

• I couldn't say w/o testing myself.

Results are only viewable after voting.

themacko

Barking at the moon.
This was kind of interesting topic brought up in my sociology class. How many of you are actually 'hooked' to the internet? I don't think I am. All I really use it for is class work and macosx.com. Then again, when I have nothing to do I always find myself migrating here. Very odd.

im mildly hooked on the net, i dont have withdrawl symptons when im on holiday but i do go on for 1-2 hours every night.

I don't think I'm hooked to the net...my time online pretty much depends on what is going on. If I'm really busy or have a lot to do, my online time goes way down. If things are slow and there's no work to do I either read or hop on the net while watching TV.

If my girlfriend lived closer to me then my online time would probably drop to almost zero though...LOL...there would always be something to do or places to go ;-)

I suffer from Summer-Break Addiction. :D
Nothing to do, so I go online =)
During the school year though I'm not on nearly as much.

I sometimes go without things, just to prove to myself that I can, and to see how dependent on it I am.

For example, I went without drugs for about a month a while ago- no dope, no alcohol, no caffeine. Alcohol was a little tricky, just because of old habits. I once or twice forgot I wasn't allowing myself drugs, and just about had a glass of wine or something. No danger of forgetting I wasn't having caffeine; that was frightful. I am addicted to coffee, that's for sure.

Since getting a high speed connection, I haven't tested myself on that addiction for any meaningful period...

I am not hoocked...I just have nothing better to do (or am bored to do it :p) --- good example -- 2 years ago I went to greece for 4 months almost... I only used the internet 4 times to check my email and empty spam lol :p

They should out-law internet usage. It's like a drug, you start with a little because everybody's doing it...but then you realize it can give you things you've never had before...then you decide you need it because without it you have nothing to live for...then your brain doesn't work without it...then you...you...you...

Sorry, couldn't resist posting that. My name is Trip and I'm a net-a-holic.

Originally posted by macguy17
I suffer from Summer-Break Addiction. :D
Nothing to do, so I go online =)
During the school year though I'm not on nearly as much.
yeah, same here, but i am always online, either on the web or playing a game online (counter-strike)

you bet I am, ALWAYS logged in, I sleep like 3 or 4 hours a day so I spend a LOT of time online... My life (and work) is online so yeah I am an internet addict... AND proud of it! :D

Back