Are you still using the beta?

rinse

www.visualrinse.com
I haven't been able to use it for the last week. Too frustrated with too much configuration and not enough productivity...

I love Mac OSX... just waiting for the polished final release, i guess.

I hope they'll pack QTSS 3 with Macosx final.

Originally posted by rinse
I haven't been able to use it for the last week. Too frustrated with too much configuration and not enough productivity...

I agree with you with productivity (even if I don't need to be procutive using X...). But can you point out things that frustrate you? I make many comments at Apple's feedback. Hope they'll listen and improve it!

Every time I go back to OS 9 it hurts a little bit. My mouse keeps rolling down to summon a hidden dock when I want to change apps, and now the app switcher seems downright clunky.
OS X is so much nicer to use, and I have really gotten to liking its asthetic (There was a discussion on macnn about if it qualifies as Bauhaus minimalism, and I agree that it does, but that is a bit off topic.)

So I try to use OS X for all that I can, and I succeed, mostly. But The returns to 9 are about once or twice daily, for printing, or (gasp) serious PDF viewing, which is easier in acrobat than preview. Also, in OS 9 IE, which will not run alongside OS X IE in classic, the acrobat plugin actually works. (Yes, much of my school work consists of "serious PDF viewing" reading articles and the like. And despite Quartz, the OS X PDF viewers are terrible, and acrobat is too slugggish in classic).

So for me, it is a mixed bag. When the real OS X 1.0 comes out, I'm buying it immediately, though.

Zach

i will as well... just hoping there is a gui for a lot of cutstomizing work. (dock coloration, ls colorization, theming, stuff like that)

i have sent gads of feedback to apple. we will see if any of them get instituted.

i want a hierchial dock. something like pop up folders in the dock.... etc.

i can live without the apple menu.

i hope that drag and drop is put back in... anywhere you can't drag and drop sucks.

Yes! pop up windows in the Dock! And I don't think we have to worry about the niceties of 9 not making it to X (drag and drop everywhere)...

I use X as my primary OS. The only reason I go back to 9 is to get pictures from my S20 :)

Everything else is done in X and now that I've successfully imported my email from OE5 in to Mail.app, I rarely even launch Classic.

Woohoo!

Originally posted by zerologic

Everything else is done in X and now that I've successfully imported my email from OE5 in to Mail.app, I rarely even launch Classic.

Woohoo!

Nice! Was there a way to get the address book in there, too? Have you posted that information at you site?

A little tutorial would be nice.

I use os x on both my macs that are able to run it. In fact, I bought a g3 card for my 8600 a couple weeks ago just so that i could run os x. The first week of using os x was a little scary. Especially that first night when i had 3 labs to write up, had a few drinks, and needed to figure out how to print my labs out. It took me a while to start using mail.app over eudora, i wanted to do a lot of testing before i made the full migration. the lack of instant messenger is an annoyance...fire is good, but wigs out when you have a large contact list and you go inactive. However, now the only reason i run the classic environment is for word or excel. After popping another 128 meg in my imac it i'm able to run multiple apps under os x with classic open and several classic apps. Its much different than os 9, but i like it, and i figure if i use it full time now, when the final release comes out i'll be very happy with its performance and functionality

Back