Armagetron for Mac OS X

iFunk

Registered
http://armagetron.sourceforge.net/download_linux.html

This is an Open Source Linux game which I want to play on Mac OS X. Is it as simple as compiling and running?

I only installed Mac OS X yesterday, and I do not know any commands in the terminal other than sudo and ls, although I am willing to learn, so if it is possible to run it on Mac OS X, then please tell me how!

What does everyone else think?

Its a great game - have a look!

looks a lot like gl_Tron, go check it out, should put your tron wants to rest. plays nice, looks nice (pretty much like the one you posted about), only thing is i cant remember where to get it from :rolleyes:

If your question hasn't been answered yet trying asking around in the Unix Type forum. They will probably even compile it for you if you ask nicely.

But if you'd rather...go check out gl_Tron. Good times! :)

[EDIT: Sorry! I didn't realize the question had already been answered! Real sorry! Oh well...]

while glTron does help the jonesing for armagetron, it is nothing like it. armagetron is a really slick multiplayer game (or single player) that can be played multi either on the same keyboard, or over a network. that alone makes it very different from glTron.

what really makes armagetron nice, is its view/perspective on the game. glTron is really hard IMHO to control the camera view, where armagetron has a very smooth camera change mechanism.

if you know people who can develop aqua openGL apps, berate/bribe/cajole them into working on porting armagetron to the mac.

for you non believers, go find a intel (linux or win) that has decent graphic capabilities, and get them to run armagetron. its quite fun! (or do what i did, play it after hours at work)

while glTron does help the jonesing for armagetron, it is nothing like it. armagetron is a really slick multiplayer game (or single player) that can be played multi either on the same keyboard, or over a network. that alone makes it very different from glTron.

what really makes armagetron nice, is its view/perspective on the game. glTron is really hard IMHO to control the camera view, where armagetron has a very smooth camera change mechanism.

if you know people who can develop aqua openGL apps, berate/bribe/cajole them into working on porting armagetron to the mac.

for you non believers, go find a intel (linux or win) that has decent graphic capabilities, and get them to run armagetron. its quite fun! (or do what i did, play it after hours at work)

Back