Arrived early

Looks like I might not have my copy today either :(.

I ordered direct from Apple on the 12th, but I just got an email last night saying they couldn't ship until today...

So I don't think FedEx is to blame for my delay, not sure what caused Apple to do this all of a sudden. I did purchase with the EDU discount so maybe that's their way of getting me back, ::ha::.

For those that do get it on time, enjoy.

Blimey! - Sitting at my desk when the phone goes off. Its our warehouse manager telling us that we've recieved a bulk load of tiger's. I only ordered mine 2 days ago and when I called Apple they told me delivery would be on May 5th. Its a pleasant suprise.. especially when you work for an authrorised apple reseller and get it at a discounted price ;)

The gal I talked to said that they had queued my package for shipment on the 27th, but that FedEx hadn't shipped it until the 28th (yesterday).

However, if yours didn't even ship until today, then I'd say it's gotta be Apple that dropped the ball.

And darn it, if the 4/29 delivery was offered as an inducement to buy early (and it WAS), they should do something to make this right. Like a partial refund, of maybe 2% or so.

i purchased with edu account and mine came today. about 10 am i got it :D

not installing it yet though - Far too much on to risk computer down-time if it goes wrong or apps don't work.... next week :(

Squeaky wheel does get grease. Hehehe I called Apple this morning and even though I got a message saying my order wouldnt ship until today or monday, they claim I will still get it today and that it shipped yesterday. Of course they have no tracking number and I have no way of verifying other then to wait till 6pm and then go buy it at CompUSA like I should have done in the first place. :D

I told the Apple rep that this is going to sour peoples feelings about pre-ordering from them in the future. She said that this is a big deal right now and they wanted to avoid that...

Well heres a start, give me a $20 credit!

Regards,

NeoX

--
This message made with 100% recycled pixels

I preordered on the anouchment day and 2 days ago my Apple rep said that it wouldn't ship until 5/2. I got it by FedEx today! Tracking showed it hadn't shipped yet!? I'll install it tonight.
Bill

To my surprise, and Apple's as they don't think it shipped yet, mine just showed up. It shipped on the 27th and it also shipped from Ontario, CA but it didn't go on a tour like others, it went right to Oakland.

The funny thing is, Apple told me that it may not even ship till next week. Wow they really weren't prepared for the logistics of shipping all these units it seems. My status still shows Preparing Shipment hehehe. Oh well, they kept their promise for me, so maybe there is hope for those, like me, that were told it wouldn't be till next week, because I really don't think they know which way is up!

Back