Aspect Ratio Correction.

Iago

Registered
Hey,

First post, be gentle.

I'm a newbie to Macs and just got myself an 17 inch Intel iMac about two weeks ago. I'm having a bit of trouble with running som fullscreen applications. They seem to be compressed into the middle of the screen in 4:3 aspect instead of being spread across the display in 16:9.

My desktop, DVD Player, QuickTime etc.. all work fine but when I run something like Doom 3 or ScummVM it is bordered off at the sides in the 4:3 format. I've tried running the applications in different resolutions, and also tried the display option in my system preferences and run the apps in a different resolution, to no avail.

I've searched all over for a solution and have scoured every application option but just can't get these programs to fill the whole screen!

Any help would be great, I just don't know what to do.

Do the games have a widescreen resolution option? Keep in mind that resolutions like 1024x768 are a 4:3 aspect ratio. The 16:9 resolution in this case needs to be 1360x768. (The horizonal resolution needs to be higher in a 16:9 aspect ratio.)

If the application does not have a widescreen resolution, it won't utilize the whole screen, or it will look ridiculously stretched.

Yeh, they have widescreen resolution. The exact same apps work in the windows versions with the same resolution that is on my Mac.

Back