Assigning a signature to an email address?

JPigford

I'm awesome...seriously..
I've got 10+ e-mail addresses for various sites I run and atleast that many signatures to go along with them. Is there a way to automatically assign a certain signature to a certain e-mail address? So like I would pick email1@whatever.com and it would automatically assign the Signature Whatever to it.

applescript could work, but I'm thinking something more of a right click drop down menu. I take it you are using mail?

http://home.insightbb.com/~n9yty1/MailEnhancer/

The other way is to order your signatures in the preference area to the same order as your Inbox.

So, if you in box looked like this:

In (8)
joe@somewhere.com (2)
joedoe@deer.com (4)
webmaster@???.com (2)

Your Mail>Preferences>Signatures window should look like:

joe@somewhere.com Signature
joedoe@deer.com Signature
webmaster@???.com Signature

Make sure "In Sequential Order" is selected from the 'Automatically Insert Signature' drop-down below the signature list in there.

When you have the main Inbox highlighted, the first (primary) account and signature would be selected (joe@somewhere.com). If you had webmaster@???.com highlighted under the Inbox and hit compose, the new message would be from that account with the corresponding signature.

It works the same if you hit reply...the correct signature for the account that's sending the reply is selected.

Hopefully Mail 2.0 will have a better signature ability in it. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, so I'm not sure.

Back