ATA100 PCI for MAC!

I don't understand why ATA100 or even ATA66 would actually give better performance that ATA33. Isn't ATA33 33MB/sec throughput? Nobody gets that kind of throughput anyway, so why should I care if the drive supports 100MB/sec?

Or is that 3.3MB/sec and 10MB/sec respectively?

-Rob

There are many drives out there capable of 35-45MB/sec sustained transfers; to say nothing of cached bursts. Copy files from one such drive to another, and you could exceed 66MB/sec pretty easily.

And, of course, one can assume that drives are only going to get faster.

My real question has been why there _still_ aren't real firewire drives. I would think that it'd be worth Apple's while to do a nice board design themselves, and license it freely to drive manufacturers.

Originally posted by MacFreak
I found website that they sell ATA100 PCI for Mac. Take a look at it http://www.miglia.com/products/expansion/alchemy_ata100/index.html
:D They only sell in europe. Is possible if we buy this product from europe rather than waiting for they release to USA?

this isn't any news to me....there's a company in southern california that has had a ATA-100 card out for a while called the TurboMax card. I've been running it with IBM 75GXP drives on it and i'm getting like 40-44MB/sec sustained! They are called ProMax... www.promax.com

Originally posted by HyperLiteG4
this isn't any news to me....there's a company in southern california that has had a ATA-100 card out for a while called the TurboMax card. I've been running it with IBM 75GXP drives on it and i'm getting like 40-44MB/sec sustained! They are called ProMax... www.promax.com
Isn't new to you? You are dead wrong! I always buy products from ProMax for my movie project and they only sell ATA/66 for Mac. Let me state you what promax said to me.

To: Roger Vass Jr. <vass@i-sphere.com>
Subject: Re: Do you have ATA100 PCI for Mac?

Roger,

We only have an ATA/66 card available for the MAC.

Thanks,
Jerry Miles
Sales Consultant

ProMAX Systems, Inc.
16 Technology Dr.
Irvine, CA

If I knew I wouldn't post here. This Miglas only sell ATA100 PCI for MAC! I do have four is IBM GXP Hard Drive supported ATA100 with 7200rpm but my G4 Logic Board only support ATA33. Anyway. I got e-mail from Miglas said that Waypoint Distribution, Inc. starting to sell product within ten days. I send e mail to request the cost of ATA100 PCI. I have not hear from them yet.

WayPoint Distribution, Inc.
8920 Adams Street NE, Suite B
Albuquerque, NM 87113

Phone 505-857-0353 - 1-800-231-1805
Fax 505-857-0381
Email: jfh@waypointonline.com

Oh - sorry I thought all along that my card was a ATA/100....guess I was wrong. oops, now I feel like an idiot. Sorry guys...well, nonetheless I have been loving this card that I got, it works great for the video that I do and it helps me save a ton of money over SCSI drives!

Back