ATI Mach64 3D Pro Not Supported.

ezra

Super Organism
It appears that even though the ATI Mach64 3D Pro (6MB) was the onboard video for some Audio/Video DVD Card bundled Beige G3's MT, OSX doesn't support it. Were getting the basic blank screen problem, and no boot. It's a shame considering we are on the supported list. I already sent a report to Apple after confirming it with a few other beta tester with the same card.

Well, it works on my beige G3 with 6Mo of vram.
Maybe the problem is on the personality card side.

You should try to remove everything you can and try to install.

It must work.

Originally posted by Niconono
Well, it works on my beige G3 with 6Mo of vram.
Maybe the problem is on the personality card side.

You should try to remove everything you can and try to install.

It must work.

Please describe your system in your signiture file so we don't have to ask you what system you are using and it's specifics.

Under Attributes in your Apple System Profiler, does it says "Apple Audio / Video DVD card"? If it doesn't, then you don't have the same option we have. It just means you have the basic onboard video. Of course I already removed everything from the machine that I could and tested, as well as reset the Firmware. The machine doesn't boot without the personality card on these machines, so you have to have it installed. My guess is that it is a combination of the two that causes the problem.

OK I have a 'standard' beige G3 without any video (other) possibility.(6megs of vram)

I don't know... maybe you've already tried to remove the 4 extra megs of ram (if they are not onto the card)...

Originally posted by Niconono
OK I have a 'standard' beige G3 without any video (other) possibility.(6megs of vram)

I don't know... maybe you've already tried to remove the 4 extra megs of ram (if they are not onto the card)...

Is your machine a MiniTower (MT) or DeskTop (DT)?

I guess you could be on to something there. When I removed the personality card I didn't remove the memory. I will give that a try, and post the results back here.

I have a MT 300 320MB/ AV/DVD 6MB VRAM. works fine. Had to swap drives to get my free partition with X set up as a master.

Back