ATI Radeon in new PBG4:s!!!

Just wish I had $3000 now...

I bought a pismo sometime ago and I'm still fond of it. This new Ti costs about twice the amount I paid for the pismo. It does everything I need it too (now that is :)

But the ATI Radeon Mobility is just great!

/Oskar

yeah that's pretty sweet. I'm kinda bummed .. now my iBook is entry level. lol, I just bought this thing 3 months ago, now they are 600mhz, 100mhz bus, 15-30gigs .... oh well. It's all good. You can't stop progress.

(I'd still like to be able to straight up trade my current book in for a new one :D )

you're bummed? I have an even worse problem... I don't know which one to pick!

I am looking to replace my desktop x86 machine with a mac laptop (since beos died, there is no reason to stay on x86)

I can't decide between the highend iBook, which has the combo drive and a resolution very close to that of the TiBook, or the TiBook, which has a 67mhz faster chip which is also G4. I really want the TiBook, because i do a lot of photoshop, and hope to stay in OS X pretty much all the time. But i need a combo-drive, because i use both dvd and cd-rw a lot. If i was forced to pick, i would choose cd-rw, but I want dvd on it, and don't see myself buying an external dvd drive. :-/

I read someone say that external cd-rw is better cause you can burn the mini cd-rs and such.. but its a laptop, and who the hell wants to carry external /anything/ with it?

ARGHH!!!!

What are the odds of apple adding an optional combo drive to the TiBook mix anytime soon?

--Edit--

Yet another question: both the iBook and TiBook can power external displays right? What resolution can they power them to? Presumably higher than 1024x768, correct? Can they power an apple flatscreen? or do i need to keep an old crappy x86 monitor around?

Life hurts when you love technology.

I got my TiBook in March (the day OS X came out), so at least I got quite a bit of use out of it before it went obsolete.

-Rob

But still kinda _sweet_, nixgeek, when you think about it. I mean: A TiBook, the *day* OS X came out! Let's simply transform this into a Herve-style thread of nostalgy for Mac OS X, sponsored by "ATi Radeon in new PBG4:s!!!"!

PBG4:s!!! :)

(It's 7 AM in the morning. I just went out to buy a 3-kings' cake for me and my girlfriend. Came back and saw this thread reported for deletion. Reason: "ati mobility is not great. please delete my account as well." Pretty herve/tree of a moment as can get, I think.)

But still kinda _sweet_, nixgeek, when you think about it. I mean: A TiBook, the *day* OS X came out! Let's simply transform this into a Herve-style thread of nostalgy for Mac OS X, sponsored by "ATi Radeon in new PBG4:s!!!"!

PBG4:s!!! :)

(It's 7 AM in the morning. I just went out to buy a 3-kings' cake for me and my girlfriend. Came back and saw this thread reported for deletion. Reason: "ati mobility is not great. please delete my account as well." Pretty herve/tree of a moment as can get, I think.)

LOL

And I just noticed that the original poster reposted after a 6-year hiatus! Wow....talk about conserving the mileage since....only 4 posts! :D

(EDIT: And it's 1:06 AM here....Well, I'm post-Herve, so I missed out on the fun...I should look up his threads...although tree has made it rather interesting... :D)

Back