attaching keynote presentations in entourage?

applewhore

Registered
Hi

I'm trying to send a keynote presentation by attaching it in entourage...

I can attach Word / Excel / jpegs without any problem, but when I try to attach a keynote file, it won't let me select it - the file name is visible in grey, but not black like other selectable files..

Does anyone know the reason for this? Am I missing a vital point here?

Any help gratefully received - I need to get the presentation over to Malta for a meeting next week!

Thanks

:p

Have you tried dragging the file's icon and dropping it on the Entourage icon (for example, on the Dock)?

I just tried it and it seemed to work fine. I have no idea why the file is ghosted out.

Doug

thanks for the responses, guys..

drag and drop brought up the message "you need to have aladdin stuffit installed to send this folder"

Two immediate points:

1) I have stuffit deluxe installed!!!
2) It wasn't a folder!!!

Having manually stuffed it, it worked fine...

Interestingly, drag and drop worked fine in Apple's Mail - just not Entourage...

I was going to suggest that perhaps Entourage didn't recognise the Keynote format, but if dktrickey managed to make it work with a Keynote file, I guess that's not the problem??

Anyway, file safely sent and I can relax again...

Thanks for your help!

:)

Applewhore,

Keynote files ARE folders after all, sort of. They're actually packages, a feature of the os that hides support files behind one icon.

If you right-click (or control-click if you're using an Apple mouse) on the icon and select "Show Package Contents, you'll see the various files contained in it.

Doug

fair enough...

but I still think it's fair to think of them as "files" and not "folders"...!

I've tried making several new presentations (just to test it) and I still fail to attach them in Entourage without stuffing them manually...

ho hum...

Weird. I actually gave up on Entourage's mail and switched to Panther's Mail. It renders HTML messages correctly and it's usually a LOT faster than Entourage.

I still use Entourage for its calendar and address book because iCal is too clunky.

Doug

Back