Attn Palm m505 Users...

yoyo123

Registered
Hotsyncing with Mac OS X.1 ACTUALLY WORKS!!!

Yes. It's true!! Granted it's still through Classic, but I have NEVER been able to get it to work using Mac OS 10.04. Today I thought, "What the hell and try it." Lo and behold, the damn thing worked everytime. The only thing I had to do was tell the Pocket Quicken conduit where my Quicken datafile was. Everything else worked great. Even Avant Go. I was COMPLETELY amazed.

So if your on a Palm m505 (or any mXXX series), give it a try. I'd love to hear if anyone else is able to get it to work.

This is great news! I don´t have to wait for Palm to support Mac OS X after all, I wonder how long it will take them..

What about irda? I leave my cradle at work for my desktop, so I sync with the irda port at home. My 10.1 is still on its way :(

Sorry. Can't help you there. :(

I have a Grape 333MHz iMac; so I don' t have IRDA. I would try it anyway when you get your 10.1 update.

Anyone else having problems. I am REALLY interested in finding out other reactions :)

I beg to differ ;)

I read several reports before 10.1 came out that specifically stated the m100 and 500 series would not sync because they used the new "Universal" USB connector.

Anyway, I'm just happy I can do it. Now I have no real reason to Boot into Mac OS 9.2.1.

Happy Days :D

You're right, it does work for the first time! Finally. I could never get my m505 to sync with my Pismo using classic under 10.0.4. It now works with classic under 10.1.

Now the only thing i need are drivers for my HP Officejet and i can stay in X.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Back