Audio CD Track Names

I'm guessing by your name that you're using a laptop. If you are connected to the internet when ripping a CD, iTunes can grab the track names from CDDB. Otherwise it just has no idea what to call them unless you manually enter the names.

Thanks for the quick response...

Is it possible, though, to have the files on the burnt CD itself be called something other than Track XX (when I look at them in the Finder)? It connects to CDDB and gets the song titles when I play them in iTunes, but I was just wondering about the actual filenames.

Thanks,
Ti

I don't think so. OS 9 did this, but I think now they expect you to access the files through music software. I believe iTunes will remember the track names even if you don't rip the CD. Not sure though. The track names can definitely not be stored on the CD. OS 9 kept some kind of a database for this feature I believe.

I think iTunes simpy remember the number of tracks and the length of each. I have come across CDs where I got track-names on the net and it asked me which of the 4 CDs on the list it was...
Since no info about the CD itself is provided on the CD, this would be a somewhat logical and accurate way to store it.

additional query;

If you cant alter the track names, can you then place a text file (containing the playlist) together with the tracks?
Can a toast image be edited and files (like a text file) added to it?
Thanks.
---
tlg

multi session or ISO-9660..yeah I should have known that, there now at least we can create a playlist and save it on the CD
Thanks, testuser.

Back