Audio Midi Setup says "No Output Supported"

ryuutchi

Registered
I installed the newest version of Quicktime (because my copy kept randomly stalling out), and found that audio wouldn't play with the videos. Audio worked for everything else but not that.

I tried to follow the advice to change the settings in the Audio Midi Setup, but it told me that there was "No Output Supported". Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?

Very odd!

In my setup you can see that I have the "Input Not Supported", which I would expect to see, but do you see the "No Output Supported" message in the area where it says "Audio Output", and don't have any of the Audio Output info showing at all?

Click to enlarge...

I have been having the identical problem. Quicktime will not play sound for movies, and in the Audio Midi Setup, I get a No Output Supported!!!

If you have GarageBand installed, launch that and then close it. This workaround has been known to "reactivate" the audio. You could also try zapping the PRAM by holding down Command-Option-P-R when you hear the startup chime. Zap the PRAM if the GarageBand workaround doesn't work.

Back