"AuthServer" failed to start????

macdruid

Registered
I'm wondering about the following system.log message. It is reported after every restart. I was looking in the log for something else and this caught my eye:

Apr 27 14:56:52 Clockwork SystemStarter[254]: authentication service (266) did not complete successfully
Apr 27 14:56:54 Clockwork SystemStarter[254]: The following StartupItems failed to properly start:
Apr 27 14:56:54 Clockwork SystemStarter[254]: /System/Library/StartupItems/AuthServer

Now, I've seen the first line on two other Macs I have here but not the next two lines at all. I've attempted a google search but not found anything of value concerning the error. Assuming that all 3 lines are talking about the same issue, I don't understand why this one particular Mac is reporting the additional info.

genghiscohen said:
Not present in my system.log.

Thanks.

After digging around and rebooting some more, I've realized that
despite it saying 'SystemStarter' those are actually messages
recorded as the last thing before shutdown finishes. So they're
really not startup messages.

Curious...

I just noticed the same situation in my log.

Jul 22 00:19:12 Computer shutdown: reboot by **********:
Jul 22 00:19:12 Computer SystemStarter[489]: authentication service (503) did not complete successfully
Jul 22 00:19:13 Computer SystemStarter[489]: The following StartupItems failed to properly start:
Jul 22 00:19:13 Computer SystemStarter[489]: /System/Library/StartupItems/AuthServer
Jul 22 00:19:13 Computer SystemStarter[489]: - execution of Startup script failed

Back