Autofill not working on email

birdnz

Registered
When I type in an address (In yahoo email) on my Mac, it never autofills the address even though i have sent to that email address before and also received from it.

Hi

Do you mean the Yahoo Xtra webmail interface? If yes then i have just tested mine and I think that the emails need to be in your contacts before it auto fill works, if you dont auto add to contacts then it wont remember the email address you sent.

Ed

It is just yahoo mail. I have all my contacts in yahoo mail but not in my address book in my Mac. It used to work fine on my PC completing email address details, but not since I've switched to Mac.

Thanks

Sorry, are you using safari or firefox browsers to login to yahoo mail or are you using the built in Apple mail client or the MS Entourage one.
Ed

Ok, so if you start typing a name that is resident in your contacts does it show up?
Can you try that with a known contact?
Ed

That's the problem. It doesn't autofill anything when I start typing an address , even if it is in my yahoo mail contacts and I have received and sent to that address before.

thx

Back