Automatic Backup on Flash Drive

mganger13

Registered
Basically, I have some really essential documents that I need backed up regularly. Any ideas how I could set up an automatic back like once a week or daily or what not with only certain folders onto my flash drive? Thanks!

'Any ideas how I could set up an automatic back like once a week or daily or what not with only certain folders onto my flash drive?' - if you have MacOS X 10.3.x or earlier - you could consider creating a 'bash' script, which is called at scheduled time(s), via 'crontab'. If you have MacOS X 10.4.x - you could do the same (if you create a 'crontab' file) or have the 'bash' script activated via a custom written 'LaunchDaemons' file (saved in the '/Library/LaunchDaemons/' folder).

[
Added 27 March 2006, at 7.49.

You could also create a 'bash' script, which executes an AppleScript script - which may / may not contain 'bash' commands. The 'bash' script could / would be executed via 'crontab', or a 'LaunchDaemons' file - if MacOS X 10.4.x and later (?).
]

Hey, sorry I should have been clearer. I have OSX 10.4.something. Also, I have no idea what you just said. I was good with Windows (and geoworks), but i'm still learning OSX...thanks!

Deja Vu is a good bet... I use it to backup my home folder nightly, applications weekly and the entire drive monthly.
It's not free, but it is a great graphical front-end and scheduler to psync. It's also a lot easier to use than psync and cron scripts.
Here's a couple of screenie's :)
8514095670.png

8514103039.png

Sorry, totally forgot about Silverkeeper, thanks! Still think the Deja Vu interface and implementation is nicer, but if you havn't got the cash then go for Silverkeeper for sure :)

Back