Automatic PDF->tiff via Quartz

sfsheath

Registered
Hi,

I'd like to automate the conversion of PDF's to TIFF's using the Quartz rasterizer.

I've installed ghostview but have found that its output is not nearly as nice as what Quartz can do as seen in the Preview app. I tried writing an AppleScript to get Preview to open a folder's worth of PDFs and then save them as TIFFs but can only get as far as opening the files. It seems that Preview doesn't have a dictionary so I can't get it to save without manually choosing the "Save" menu item. This was the first AppleScript I've ever written so I may have been doing something wrong. It did work so save the Script as an application and use "open <scriptname>" from the terminal to invoke it. This was encouraging as a bridge between the BSD and Quartz functionality.

To be explicit... Does anybody have any suggestions about how I can access the Quartz rasterizer from either AppleScript or the command line?

Thank you,

Sebastian.

Almost. I have hundreds of pdf's to convert and so I would like to script the entire process either in the shell or in AppleScript or in some combination of the two. Choosing "Save as" in preview for each one will not only slow the process down but also mean that I have to watch over the machine while the job is under way.

-Sebastian

Back