Automatically connect to non-beakoning wireless?

Fahrvergnuugen

I am the law!
Computer is a 1.5 GHz G4 powerbook running the latest version of Tiger.

I'm trying to use OSX's built in "Locations" feature at work. I created two locations - "Work" & "Work Wireless". "Work" is for the wired ethernet connection at my desk. "Work Wireless" is for our super duper top secret fort knox wireless network.

Now our wireless network does not beakon. You have to select "Other" from the airport menu, type the network name in, select WPA Enterprise from the security drop down and then choose TTLS-PAP from the 802.1X configuration menu. Then I type in my domain\username & password and it connects. It gives me a warning about the root certificate being out of date (or something - I'm not sure of the exact message) but I click okay and then I'm on the network. (although DNS doesn't work - that's another issue for another thread)

I have it configured with a static IP address / subnet / router / and local dns servers. Under the "AirPort" tab in network prefs, I have "By default, join: A Specific Network" - and then the name of the network is entered in the box below. I have disabled all of the other network ports for the "Work Wireless" location.

The problem is that as soon as I sleep my computer, or when I switch my location to "Work Wireless" I have to manually connect to the wireless network all over again... airport menu -> other -> network name -> username, password, etc. It's really really annoying.

Is there any way to get OSX to automatically reconnect to it when I change locations?

Back