kp8

Registered
How do you get your avatars and custom status. I see where you can change it, but apparently a moderator has to upgrade you or something. What does one have to do to earn this special status? Is there a waiting period or something?

I bought an account on macosx.com does that count a little extra for something?

I just hate that "junior status" biz, it is embarrassing!

cheers,

-kp-

Click the "profile" button on the top banner, then click "Edit options". On the bottom of the page, you can change your avatar.
Click "Edit profile". About 2/3 down on that page, you can change your title.
But you may have to have 25 or 50 posts or something to do that, I'm not sure :)

In what program do you create your avatar? When I drag-n-dropped other members avatars to my desktop, they popped up with .php suffixs. Are these created in a specialized program. New to all this, so still learning. Thanx.

Originally posted by cimmydog
In what program do you create your avatar?

You can make it in photoshop, graphics converter or any other app that can save in gif or jpg (maybe other formats will work, too).

Originally posted by cimmydog
When I drag-n-dropped other members avatars to my desktop, they popped up with .php suffixs. Are these created in a specialized program. New to all this, so still learning. Thanx.

This is because of this site's database system. If you remove the .php suffix and add the correct suffix (generally .gif, .jpg, .png or .bmp, it should be read as a normal picture file :)

Back