AVI audio trouble in quicktime

Lennonabbeyroad

Registered
Hi all,
I'm using an ibook G4 with OSX 10.4, anywho i have an AVI movie file that i'm having trouble getting the audio to work. Its coded with divx and i got the video to play, so thats not a problem, but the audio is coded with AC3. I downloaded and AC3 codec and dropped the file into library/quicktime like the instructions said however still no sound. heres the file i'm trying to use,
DivX 5.0, 528 x 288, Unknown
'ms ', Stereo, 48.000 kHz
and my quicktime is version 7.0.4 any help would be loved. thank you.

Download and install the DivX 6 codec. Your .avi files will now work in all Mac applications, not just VLC.

MisterMe said:
Download and install the DivX 6 codec. Your .avi files will now work in all Mac applications, not just VLC.
Yeah, VLC will play most everything, but it's nice to have quicktime because it's more mac-esque..

I don't think Divx will read 'ms' audio though. Can anyone verify that? I don't have any files with that type of audio on hand.

I can't find any QT codec that will play ms audio, although I was pretty sure there was one at some point.

Mikuro said:
I don't think Divx will read 'ms' audio though. Can anyone verify that? I don't have any files with that type of audio on hand.

I can't find any QT codec that will play ms audio, although I was pretty sure there was one at some point.
I think that this is not correct. I have DivX 6 and a number of other codecs. I can play everything except DRMed WMV and WMV10 in the QuickTime Player. I don't have it installed, but you might also look at the ffmpeg Codecs.

Back