AVI Files To DVD Format Files

bababooey

Registered
Is there such a program for a mac where you can convert AVI files to DVD files that you can watch on a DVD player. I did multiple searches and came up with only Windows versions of those programs.

QuickTime Pro. $39.95 upgrade from Apple. You can export to MPEG for DVD. Or, I've never used it because I use DVD Studio Pro, you might be able to import AVI into iDVD (probably not until you upgrade to QuickTime Pro) and have iDVD convert them. Also look into Roxio Easy DVD Creator.

bababooey said:
Is there such a program for a mac where you can convert AVI files to DVD files that you can watch on a DVD player. I did multiple searches and came up with only Windows versions of those programs.
Download and install the DivX QuickTime codec. This will enable iMovie and iDVD to handle your .avi video and audio. Hopefully, you don't have some little-known audio format. With a compatible QT codec, however, you are golden. And QT Pro can't do squat without the proper codecs.

Toast Titanium 6, $80, I believe. It's an excellent cd/dvd disc burning/authoring program.

Doug

Back