avi to mpeg converter etc

kanecorp

Registered
I have AVI files that I would like to burn to a DVD, but am unable to find a program that will convert these files to a compatible DVD format.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

that program will not work becuase the avi file must use encoders that quicktime can decode, which my avi files can not (i must use VLC to play them)

What codecs do they use? When you're playing it in VLC, hit command-I to get info on the file, and take a look. If it can play in VLC, you should be able to get it to play in QuickTime with the proper codecs. Specifically, you should download Divx and FFusion for video, and AC3 Codec for audio.

If that doesn't work (for older Divx movies, you might not get sound), you should probably be able to do the whole conversion with ffmpegX (no QT codecs required).

kanecorp said:
I have AVI files that I would like to burn to a DVD, but am unable to find a program that will convert these files to a compatible DVD format.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
As Mikuro said, the DivX codec should work. With the DivX codec installed, you can edit your .avi file in iMovie and use iDVD to burn it to DVD.

Back