Awsome: The Doctor Is In. Easter egg!!!

Originally posted by yanges

i did not install developer tools and emac works fine for me....

wonder what that means.....

is an optional (sic) part of the Main OS install.

Developer tools are on another disk and are also optional...

Bananas vs. Papaya

Originally posted by Trip
Yea I know it's not realy AI...it replies to certain words and filters in some of the words you typed yourself.
Right, that explains why it asked this semi-coherent question:
Is it because was just a joke you are not afraid of cofffee that you came to me?
Is this an OS X thing, or is this built into emacs on other platforms too?

So I don't know my way around emacs... How do I quit? Maybe a link to an emacs tutorial is in order.

In the dunnet program, what are the commands besides the directional commands accessed via 'help', and the commands "eat" and "dig"? I can't seem to pick up the shovel for the life of me!

Any help would be appreciated.

i think to quit u do Control-C then x. And emacs does have those lisp programs on other platforms as i have seen them under Linux, which used to be on my iMac(Yellow Dog 2.0).

Originally posted by JakPuma
i think to quit u do Control-C then x.
Actually, it is Control-x then control-c, at least accorting to emacs on startup, which indactes it ac C-c C-x. By the way in emacs C- means Control-, and M- means etithe Option- or Command- (it says M mecause many unix workstations from companies like Sun or SGI say Meta instaed of option or Alt).

The best emacs trick I've found is to type esc-x psychoanalyze-pinhead (that's the escape key, followed by the 'x' key, followed by the text 'psychoanalyze-pinhead').

That runs eliza against zippy the pinhead quotes.

Press control-c control-c when you've had enough.

I had to learn emacs 3 years ago...
I thought it was the most innefficient way of doing things... that was BEFORE I took a look at VI ;)

For anybody who's wondering, emacs has a lovely built in tutorial that you can access by typing Control-h, then t. There's also a good book from O'Reiley, but I can't quite remember the exact title.

Here's some interesting emacs commands to try: (Press Escape, then x before entering them)

hanoi
tetris
blackbox
decipher (do this on a buffer with a little bit of text in it)
dunnet
dissociated-press (I'm not quite sure what this does, but the name is humorous.)
gomoku
insert-zippyism
landmark
life
mpuz
phases-of-moon
snake
solitaire
spook (prints a bunch of words that would throw up the red flag on a government email snooper.)

Back