Awww....someone removed the Mozilla 1.0 thread.

Well, you saw that the original thread was deleted, right? Then a new thread created, then that one disappeared. A veritable Bermuda Triangle of threads! :D

obviously t h is deleting the threads to try and exercise some control over our posting our debate. you will notice that i restarted the thread and it will not be deleted!!

God, stuff like that really ticks me off!!

at any rate niles, er CG:D , i was saying how i thought it was sad that you supported the companies whose goal it is to disable apple. m$ would be thrilled to see apple go under. and i said that if that day ever comes, you will have nobody but yourself to blame for supporting them in their efforts.

this whole idea of supporting your enemies is what i am so concerned about in the first place. it is how we end up in a world that we don't like and don't want.

(this new kid needs to get a grip - it's not like we just started this with this thread. and not like you and i don't know each other pretty well and are able to debate/discuss this without killing each other:p :rolleyes: )

so continue this in either thread my friend.:) (if you want)

I feel the need to point out that AOL/Time Warner has a VERY friendly relationship with Apple. Ever notice how Time Magazine always gets the inside scoop on new macs. I doubt you will ever see stories about Steve Jobs as prominent as the ones that Time has had in the past. Also iChat is the only AOL sanctioned app to be compatible with their IM protocol. These are not coincidences.

let's see - if you are "dancing in the rain" and dancing on thin ice, does that mean you could end up getting frozen in place?:p

(i want the real scientific amswer here:D )

OK... lets talk about Mozilla. Yawn. I just downloaded it. Now I wish I could have that time back. I am not impressed. Not as fast as people say it is. It is just a slightly updated NN6. I am still going to stay with IE. What is that pther browser everyone is talking about? Chimera? where can I get that ?

You can get Chimera/Navigator here . However, be forewarned that the latest release, 0.2.8, is pretty unstable. Spontaneous crashes and all sorts of nonsense. That's why I went to Mozilla. When they release a more stable Chimera, I'll see about using it again. It may well be that one of the nightly builds has fixed the stability problems, but I haven't tried them out.

Originally posted by homer
You can get Chimera/Navigator here . However, be forewarned that the latest release, 0.2.8, is pretty unstable. Spontaneous crashes and all sorts of nonsense. That's why I went to Mozilla. When they release a more stable Chimera, I'll see about using it again. It may well be that one of the nightly builds has fixed the stability problems, but I haven't tried them out.

Chimera 0.3 has been released - it's faster and more stable than previous versions. But, the anti-aliasing now requires 10.1.5 :(

I am running Mozilla right now. The scrolling speed is great :) Just as good as Netscape 6.2, maybe a little faster that IE 5.X

BUT I HATE THE PeeCEE looking buttons and text fields. I will not use Moz/Netscape untill they get rid of them.

I don't care how it looks, I use it for features. The "Modern" Theme that it defaults to is acceptable, actually I rather like it. For me though, it's the tabbed browsing and preventing the stupid pop-up and pop-under adds that I'm glad to be rid of. I even like the fact that I can PREVENT web sites from reading any cookies on my computer. For me, Mozilla is the end-all and be-all of web browsers. I'm not disappointed in any way, I was rather impressed with the features and speed. It does crash every once in a while when I press Command-2 to open the mail window, but I never lose anything, at least I haven't yet.

Back