B&W Tiger no boot

fishbert

Registered
I just installed tiger on a B&W g3 with 400mhz and 3 sticks of 256megs of ram it will go through the instalation fine and even reboot after the install. and go into the OS. How ever once i reboot(after the initial setup of the OS) i get stuck at the Gray/white Screen with the black apple and the clock : (. I would have to use the CD to boot again and reinstall to be able to get back into the system. I would let the machine try to boot(hours i left it) and it would never move from the Black apple /white screen clock. It's a Blue and WHite G3 that use to run OS X 10.2 wonderfully but Tiger won't boot on it. I have zapped the pram and tried using different hard drive. Repaired permitions and and verified disks(no errors found). Im not sure what could be causing it to get stuck. Cause it will run fine emediately after the reinstall but once i restart it it won't boot.

Hmmm i looked up the firmware suggestion and it says you need upgrade firmware if your using scsi and that you need to be in 0s 9 i don't have that installed i also tried taking out the scsi card at one point(used ide for install only) and i got the same problem : ( how do i upgrade the firm ware with os 9 if i don't have that as an operating system i only ever used 10.2 on this machine.

Back