background app refresh switch greyed out. How do I activate it. IOS 13.1.2

ganzoltd

Registered
I am running IOS 13.1.2 on my iPhone 6s. I went to turn some apps refresh ON in the background but the entire thing is switched to off. It is greyed out and won't allow me to turn any apps on to refresh in the background. What is wrong and how can I fix it? I want to turn a few apps on but this way none will do it.

Have you checked the App store for updates to those apps? The refresh in the background could be on the individual apps.

I haven't upgraded to 13 yet, so I am thinking out loud.

Have you checked the App store for updates to those apps? The refresh in the background could be on the individual apps.

I haven't upgraded to 13 yet, so I am thinking out loud.
Unfortunately it's not the individual apps but the entire "background app refresh" switch is "off' and greyed out and won't respond when I try to switch it to "on".

There are a couple of places to check:
Settings>Battery>Low Power Mode - which will turn off background app refresh to save power
Settings/Screen Time/Content&Privacy Restrictions/Background App Activities - check the last item

Some settings get changed during a major update/upgrade as a default setting on the newer system.

There are a couple of places to check:
Settings>Battery>Low Power Mode - which will turn off background app refresh to save power
Settings/Screen Time/Content&Privacy Restrictions/Background App Activities - check the last item

Some settings get changed during a major update/upgrade as a default setting on the newer system.

Thank you! That was it- The Screen time settings did the trick.

Back