Backing Up Email Fm Netscape 6

MacFriend

Registered
Hi!

I am helping a friend upgrade her iMac G4 from OS X 10.2 to Tiger. I have asked her to backup all her important files as needed but I can't seem to figure out how to backup her emails (she is using Netscape 6 on OS X 10.2.8) so I can carry on with the upgrade.

I am also trying to persuade her to switch to something better, maybe Mail or something else. So it'd be a bonus if I can help her transfer the emails to whatever email app she will use in Tiger.

Appreciate any help...thanks in advance!

Regards,
Faisal

MacFriend said:
Hi!

I am helping a friend upgrade her iMac G4 from OS X 10.2 to Tiger. I have asked her to backup all her important files as needed but I can't seem to figure out how to backup her emails (she is using Netscape 6 on OS X 10.2.8) so I can carry on with the upgrade.

I am also trying to persuade her to switch to something better, maybe Mail or something else. So it'd be a bonus if I can help her transfer the emails to whatever email app she will use in Tiger.

Appreciate any help...thanks in advance!

Regards,
Faisal
If your friend is using Netscape 6, she has to be using it in Classic mode. Most likely, she is using Netscape 7 as NS 7.2 is the most recent version for the MacOS X. MacOS X Mail can import mail from Netscape, so this should not be a problem.

Back