Backup 2

To activate and use Backup, you must have a valid .Mac membership. Some features, such as backing up to CDs, DVDs, and hard drives, are not available to .Mac trial members.

I use a program to backup important financial and business files daily. Apple's Backup program does work very well, but the one big problem for me with Apple's Backup program, is that I like to check my backups about once a week to make sure everything was backed up. This isn't possible with Backup. You only have the option to restore from a backup, not to open it to check files.

Ripcord said:
What's new in Backup2?

Backup to Hard Drives
Backup 2 lets you select any folder on a hard drive as a backup destination. Use external FireWire hard drives, network servers, iPods, and other mounted volumes.
Support for Third-party CD and DVD Drives
Backup 2 offers the flexibility of CD and DVD backup using the optical drive built into your Mac, and many third-party optical drives as well.
More Convenience
Powerful new features in Backup 2 make it even more convenient to protect your data. Backup 2 lets you schedule backups to iDisk and hard drives to occur even when you're away from your computer. When you back up to drive, it knows to copy only files that have changed since the last backup, making backing up much quicker. For backups to CD and DVD, you can even mix different types and sizes of optical discs in a single backup set.

Back