Bad DVD disk or is it the burner?

kafene

Registered
I've noticed several posts regarding DVD burning, but mine's a little different. When I DO burn DVD's I don't error out.

The issue I have is that several DVD discs are kicked out of the burner with an error saying I need a recordable DVD. I'm using the Super Drive that came with my Dual 1.25 G4, Toast Titanium, and Memorex DVD-R. I have burned about three or four discs but several just get kicked out, and this is all from the same box of DVD-R's.

Is it the burner or the disc?

One side note: I know that DVD burning is still a "keep your fingers crossed" kind of thing when playing on some DVD burners. I've tried burning at 1x and it seems to have been better. Any ideas on making them play better on ALL DVD players, yet? I get these weird, large, pixelated kind of squares on parts of the video on one machine while it plays fine on another.

kafene.

First, make sure you are using blank DVD-R. Not the DVD-RW or DVD-RW+
The Apple Super Drives do not support those.
You can try contacting Memorex and complain. At the price of DVD-Rs, they all should be top notch.

As for playing on DVD players, that is another story. There are many different readers that use a different standard.

Originally posted by Cheryl
First, make sure you are using blank DVD-R. Not the DVD-RW or DVD-RW+
The Apple Super Drives do not support those.
You can try contacting Memorex and complain. At the price of DVD-Rs, they all should be top notch.

As for playing on DVD players, that is another story. There are many different readers that use a different standard.

I shot off an e-mail to see if I can exchange them at their location (I don't think I'm too far from them).

About the type, they are DVD-R's. :rolleyes:

kafene.

Back