Bad press for Apple...from Disney

Actually Pixar and Disney are at odds right now, so this is not that unexpected.

And you are right, what did record companies think we were doing with cassette players that could record off of other cassettes, LPs and CDs? The argument is a little late and holds no water.

From the origional article
Eisner's comments come as congress considers legislation known as the Security Systems Standards and Certification Act. The act would require computer makers and consumer electronics makers to install technology which would prevent such devices from being able to duplicate copyrighted media, including CDs, DVDs, digital music and movies and more.
Dont these guys realise that they will *NEVER* beat the hundreds and thousands of people who want to copy their music? OS X is UNIX based, and as soon as this new stuff comes out, all the happy hackers in the UNIX community will maxe an antidote, somebody will port it to OS X, and I give the system 1 month before everybody is downoading the antidote.

Bernie :eek:)

Actually Pixar DOES NOT work for Disney. they work for themselves.. they produce cartoon and then sell rights... adn usually Disney buy the rights.. so Apple and Pixar only have a good BUSINESS relationship... that is all .. no one work for the other...plus.. i mean we re not in elementary school ... oh.. you were my friend why you re teasing me now ..i am gonna tell momy :)))
if one fights with the other there is a reason.....PLUS APPLE and PIXAR are 2 different identities.. heck Pixar even uses PC and SGI.. not all mac.. so .. if you follow me... just cause they have Job in common that doesn t make them as the same company ;)
Hope this help

Andy

Originally posted by devonferns
Don't you guys know Steve Jobs OWNS Pixar?!?!
:D

Yeah, that's exactly what I was going to say! Also, (correct me if I'm wrong) Steve works for Apple for $1 per year. And Apple bought Steve a personal jet! It would be weird to be Steve Jobs, I think.

I think that was the point they were trying to make.

One of the reasons I prefer apple products is that they use open standards, such as MP3, instead of proprietary formats wherever a good standard is in place.
Windows, on the other hand, has a stranglehold on their users by using formats such as WMA that are only supported by Windows, and at M$ discretion.
When will they learn that putting these anti-piracy guards in place doesn't slow down piracy, but only gets in the way of legitimate users?

Originally posted by MDLarson

Yeah, that's exactly what I was going to say! Also, (correct me if I'm wrong) Steve works for Apple for $1 per year. And Apple bought Steve a personal jet! It would be weird to be Steve Jobs, I think.

Yep, you're right about both points.

pardon me if i'm missing something obvious here, but what does music piracy have to do with disney directly anyway? can i sue someone for doing something to someone else?
all these stupid cases (obviously this one is stupid) is just a front for something... but what? any ideas?

Disney isn't suing Apple, but criticizing them, as well as other companies for making it easier to pirate music.

Still, it's a bunch of BS.

My theory is that Micro$loth put Disney up to it, to make Apple look bad and make everyone want to use WMA instead. Hey, M$ can afford to drop a billion to Disney, right? :eek:

Wasn't it only a few days ago that I heard that Disney wanted to be bought out by MS? Could this be some kind of gang initiation?:D

Back