Baffling problem w/ IE 5!

Hi Katrina!

Never mind about the Get Info thing. Some applications have it, some don't and IE is one of the ones that doesn't. I wasn't at my Mac when I wrote that :cool:

You can use Pacifist to pull just Internet Explorer out of your Mac OS X install CD to see if it works that way. It won't be the most recent version of IE, but it should still work.

It sounds like your IE is hosed. I can't even find a way to get IE to launch in Classic. Maybe somehow the classic IE got put inside of the OS X IE's application package. In any case, reinstalling IE is the way to go.

I saved the .smi file for IE 5.1.3, and I have trashed the old IE and re-opened/installed/whatever with the .smi and re-copied the IE folder onto my desktop, but it's the same thing. Would it be a horrible idea to trash the prefs for IE?

Katherine

Katrina - well, it's pretty much trash the prefs and see if that fixes it or reinstall os x and try again. I'm still inclined to think it's a hardware problem, too, btw.

testuser - I'm using 10.1.2. Only some Carbon applications have this option, e.g. GraphicConverter. But it's there...

I guess I could erase X after putting everything on the other partition temporarily. I hope there's enough room...I've had X installed since August, and I've accumulated a ton of junk (junk I want to keep, of course). Also, I don't have any way to save data externally (no zip drive or anything). If not that, then I guess it's gonna have to be DiskWarrior. Thanks!

Katherine

Back