Bar of Junk Screen Pixels On Right Side of Screen

richtera

Registered
I am running 10.3.9 on a Dual 500MHz G4.
Ever since the last Software Update the right side of my screen has a very strange behavior.
There is a strip of junk pixels overlaying the right side of the screen to just about cover the menu bar up to the clock all the way down to the bottom of the screen. Usually there are random color bands down the screen seemingly to come from somewhere else on the screen.
It's not a screen resolution or monitor issue, but seems to be a piece of software that's drawing the pixels there and then just like they appeared they would disappear again.
Has anyone seen this before. Not sure what to do or which software to blame.
The testing I did:
It happens for all users on this box regardless where the Dock is (to the right or the bottom) so it's not related to the Dock.
I looked at the console and the only weird error I found was:
## Component Manager: attempting to find symbols in a component alias of type (regR/carP/x!bt)

Thanks for your response. This morning this bar was on the screen but I was not looking at my mac but my windows box...
The KVM is generating the faulty video overlay and not the Mac.
This is good and bad, but at least I don't have a funky software problem on my Mac. Thanks for your help.
Andy

It was a broken LCD panel. The screen was just busted. At the time I had no idea that LCD panel screens are composed of several smaller LCD areas which are usually striped vertically.

Back