Base 10 in Finder?

Sunnz

Who wants a stylus?
Finder in Snow Leopard uses base 10:

http://gizmodo.com/5349516/the-real-reason-you-got-back-so-much-hard-drive-space-with-snow-leopard

If you plug in a 4 gig thumb drive it really would show up as 4 gig in Finder, isn't that nice?

However the rest of the world, unfortunately, are still measuring file sizes in base 2... if you download 4 gig of stuff, it wouldn't fit.

It is especially troublesome for those who use different OS's.

So, does anyone, know of a way, a hidden pref, a plist or something, so that Finder uses base 2?

We've talked about it in the 10.6 thread. ;) I don't foresee too many problems here, though. I extremely rarely download stuff that I think might _just_ fit on my thumbdrive.

There are those who always knew that there was a discrepancy between how most people thought of MB/GB (like the Finder does now) and those who simply didn't care. Those who didn't care, won't care now. Those who did care know what Apple did and will adjust.

We've talked about it in the 10.6 thread. ;) I don't foresee too many problems here, though. I extremely rarely download stuff that I think might _just_ fit on my thumbdrive.

I looked there before, and searched, lol, it is just too big.

Anyway I really like some way to make Finder to do base 2 like before.

Back