Basic questions from a newbie

That resize trick works nice for now. Hopefully I won't continue to have that problem. That's annoying.

I grabbed Goldberg, just the type of app I was looking for. I also got MSN for Mac as well. necessary evil.

I wish Transmit were free... also Entrouge...

Time to get iPulse.

Transmit is free... kinda. You get free so many days then if you don't pay, it'll work for 10 minutes at a time. Then quit. So if you job takes less then 10 min your ok.

Twister

Since you are just moving (assumption) to the Mac OS, i want to point out one difference. in Windows (the os), i believe that all windows are a seperate and not normaly grouped by application (I might be wrong). But in the Mac OS windows are grouped by program.

so anyways what i am geting to is:
To Minimize windows: Command (apple) M not in all programs
To Hide Applications: Command (apple) h some programs like photoshop change it

Another fix to the 'off screen' thing. I just noticed that in Codex you can move the windows around in the Virtual Desktop manager by dragging the small icons. YOu can adjust windows screen location by doing this.

Hard to describe. Maybe I'll post a screen shot someday.

Harvey,

I don't think anyone mentioned GLTerm. I think this one's on Versiontracker. It claims to be a VERY fast terminal. I've used it for the better part of a minute, so I'm not sure how good it is. You might give it a try.

Doug

Don't forget that since Apple has released X11,
you'll start seeing more Linux apps ported to
OS X.

I'm waiting for Xemacs 20.x

Originally posted by Harvey
2. I have been looking for a decent, free, email client, other than the one that came with my mac.
Mail rocks in my book. Netscape sucks the big one in my book. Especially on OS X. And with Safari out now.. you can't DARE use anything other. The Speed of Safari is the most rocking speed ever. DO NOT USE NETSCRAPE.

4. Are there any free HTML editing tools that you would suggest?
Text Edit is Free. And it edits HTML fine.

7. Keyboard shortcut to minimize all apps on the desktop? (like 'windows + D' in Win)
Easier to just Hide everything. Command+H to hide the current app.

Originally posted by gizmorpheus
1. If you ever have a window go above
the top of the screen, all you have to do
is increase your screen resolution and wa-la!
You can adjust the window size, then go back
to your previous screen resolution (ex:
From 800 x 600 to 1600 x 1200, then back).
First of all. If you already USE the top resolution in this case, you're screwed! You need to think before you post. Oh, and VIOLA! NOT WA-LA! It's V-I-O-L-A! Viola!

Originally posted by Jasoco
...First of all. If you already USE the top resolution in this case, you're screwed! You need to think before you post. Oh, and VIOLA! NOT WA-LA! It's V-I-O-L-A! Viola!
You don't need to be a jerk about it...

Resizing EVEN TO A SMALLER RESOLUTION will pop all of the windows back onto the screen...

Sorry, it's a pet peeve. Every time I see those words my mind just screams.

I didn't know about the lower res. That's a good tip.

Chill, dude.

Originally posted by Jasoco
Sorry, it's a pet peeve. Every time I see those words my mind just screams.

I didn't know about the lower res. That's a good tip.

Chill, dude.

Mr. Elitist Wordsmith (Jasoco),

Now we know who needs to "think before they post."

I post because I wanted to help someone .

You post because you want to criticizes me on how I use a latin term,
then you find out that the fix helped anyways (Jasoco: open mouth, insert foot).

If you would asked, "But I'm already at the highest res" I would had told you
to go to the lowest res. Problem solved. Without the insults!

Here's a tip. Pretend that you are talking face-to-face with the person
you are chatting with. This will guide you on how to talk to people on
line.

Back