Batch adding text to images?

antadam

Registered
Does anyone know of a program that will take a folder of images and add text to the bottom of them (like a web site address) as a batch process. I've seen a few programs that do this (they call it a watermark, even though its not a real one), but only for winbloze. anyone who knows of anything to do this (even if its for classic), a response would be greatful. i've been searching for the last 2 months. thanks in advance.

Photoshop can do this...
Altho I haven't done it as of late, last time I tried (PS6) it had an alignment problem when trying to place the text at an exact spot at the bottom of the image (might have been because of pictures being of different sizes, don't recall)- but it was ok putting them at the top!
:p

I don't know if PS7 has fixed the alignment problem, I haven't tried it on 7...

where was this located in ps6...i'm looking for it in 7, but haven't run across it yet. the only place i've seen it is under file>automate>picture package but that takes multiple pictures and puts them together on a page as far as my playing with it has gone. thanks

you need to create a action, then go to automate, then batch. When you create the action, record yourself adding text to a image... ok, first, is your images the same size in dimension a pixel dpi? if so this is easy. then we will go from there

record an action (window -> Actions) with the steps that you want, then do file -> automate -> batch and select your action under play, set it to go through you test folder and see how it works.

Play around with that until you are able to set it up as you like.
iolaire

Before anything - make a copy of the folder you are going to run the batch on to test on just to make sure everything comes out ok.

If you don't feel like shelling out for photoshop, imagemagick (http://www.imagemagick.org) will do it. It's straight commandline, basically meant for just that sort of thing.

If you have fink installed already, you can automate installing imagemagick that way.

Back