Battery and apple care.

FallOutBoyx530

Registered
I do not have apple care, and my battery is defective.

It is a refurbish battery which the apple store have given me when my battery died within a year.

This "new" refurbish battery is now at 216 charges and it is holding 65% of its charge.

My friend states that it is a defective battery, will apple take care of me w/o apple care?

My guess is no, knowing how greedy apple is. But post would help.

Is Apple really that greedy? They recently gave away about a hundred million dollars...

You should just call them and ask; all anybody on this board can do is say "maybe".

Batteries will loose charge over time. 216 charges (cycles?) with only 35% loss seems pretty reasonable to me. (unless the cycles were from the previous owner?) In any event, it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Lots of info here:
http://www.apple.com/batteries/

My original battery actually died while I tried to recalibrate it. This battery is actually a battery apple gave me because the other battery died and would not hold a charge. When I use coconut battery to check the status of my laptop, it states that my laptop is 2443 months old. Oh, and my serial number for my laptop, states: serialnumber Lol because I've taken my laptop to apple so many times and many parts have been replaced.

Anyhow, I just think that I am just unlucky with this macbook.

Back