Battery dockling doesn't work?!

jens@dna

Registered
Has anyone else had an experience of a none-working battery-meter in the dock. Mine doesn't seem to work at all, it's like it shows the level randomly. When i'm working without the power cord the PowerBook just goes to sleep when the battery is empty. No warnings, and the level indicator shows it almost full....

Mine occasionally gets confused - I'll be fully charged, but then rather than saying 'Battery Charged', the battery meter says "--:-- until full", as if it's forgotten what it was doing. THis usually happens immediately after I wake the machine from sleep. But it does always warn me when my battery is getting low.

Did you calibrate your battery properly when you first got your TiBook?

Originally posted by tismey
Mine occasionally gets confused - I'll be fully charged, but then rather than saying 'Battery Charged', the battery meter says "--:-- until full", as if it's forgotten what it was doing. THis usually happens immediately after I wake the machine from sleep. But it does always warn me when my battery is getting low.

Did you calibrate your battery properly when you first got your TiBook?

I did the whole Charge it full and then running it til the battery was empty if that's what you mean... Maybe I should do that again or something.

Or maybe it has something to do with the sleep mode because i never turn my PowerBook off, I just make it sleep. Because the "--:-- until full" is the most common statement by the meter, and it doesn't seem to care if it is connected to the AC adapter or not.

The battery meter in OS X sucks indeed. Don't spend anymore time to figure it out but just wait till an update (maybe 10.1 will solve it).

"Training" your battery should not be nesseccary anymore, but is still recomended. Charge it for 12 ours, when it's completely empty charge it for another 12 ours and when your not sure do it again, but 3 times is the max.

Strange, i think, is that you don't get a message that your battery is empty when it is. This is something my iBook white doesn't do.

Back